Canon & Océ wide format portfolio at FESPA 2013 in London
At FESPA 2013 (25-29 June), Canon will showcase its entire wide format portfolio on one stand (H5S, Entrance S4) for the first time since the acquisition of Océ.
With Océ’s expertise and technology now part of its wide format portfolio, Canon is better positioned to help Print Service Providers (PSPs) to extend their service offering and expand their businesses, and the Canon stand will be designed to help visitors see the bigger picture and explore the wide format opportunities it presents.
Whatever a customer’s core business, said Canon, its stand will provide the insight, inspiration and innovation to help them identify areas in which to grow their business across the fast-growing wide format market. It will demonstrate to visitors how the combination of Canon’s imaging heritage with industry-leading Océ technology provides customers with the ultimate business partner, supported by real-life examples of its customers’ success stories.
Further inspiration will be provided by demonstrations of the vast range of applications possible in wide format.
These applications are made possible by Canon’s expanded portfolio of wide format technologies. This full portfolio of solutions being demonstrated will range from rollfed inkjet printers and UV flatbed devices through to solutions and digital cutting tables. These will include:
- The versatile UV flatbed printer Océ Arizona 480GT with its eight independent ink channels and capability to spot and flood varnish or white layer on a large variety of substrates, including glass, lenticular media and membrane switch overlays. It can create exciting and high value applications for Point-of-Sale (POS), signage and specialty applications
- Océ ColorWave 650 Poster Printer with its Océ CrystalPoint imaging technology for instantly dry poster prints for cost-effective, high-quality POS prints delivered on demand
- The high-speed eco-solvent wide format printer – the Océ CS9360 – ideal for advertising, including fleet graphics, banners, backlits and posters
- Océ ProCut digital flatbed cutter – an automated cutting system that can streamline wide format digital printer workflow from prepress to finishing, delivering exceptional cut quality, versatility and productivity for all display graphic applications
- Canon imagePROGRAF iPF6450 and the award-winning Spectrophotometer, which delivers great colour consistency across a fleet of wide format printers, all managed from one host device.
Jaap van ’t Ooster, Director of Technical Document Systems (TDS) and Display Graphic Systems (DGS), Canon Europe, comments:
“The fast-evolving wide format market offers many opportunities through a variety of exciting applications, and the expanded Canon portfolio has all the necessary qualities to meet the demands of this growing market. There is increasing customer demand for higher quality output, colour stability, serviceability and productivity and Canon delivers all of these. We are ideally positioned as an organisation to provide customers with the product design, vision and financial services to help them see the Bigger Picture and to help them be a success over the long term.”