Eastman Kodak announces the newest addition to its innovative line of All-in-One (AiO) Inkjet Printers, that are intelligently designed to deliver superior performance while maintaining Kodak's Best-In-Class overall print permanence(1), low-cost ink system. With the introduction of the KODAK ESP 9250 AiO Printer, Kodak want to delivers an advanced printing system to consumers seeking profesional-quality photos and great documents without compromise.
"From low running costs to no-compromise, high-quality output and one-touch simplicity, the ESP 9250 Printer is a high-caliber printing machine designed to improve every aspect of the printing experience," said Susan Tousi, General Manager, Inkjet Systems, and Vice President, Eastman Kodak Company.
The KODAK AiO Inkjet portfolio produces KODAK Lab Quality photos, (2) documents that last a lifetime, (3) and low total running costs. Whether displayed on a wall or simply tacked on a refrigerator, KODAK Prints are designed not to fade.
The KODAK ESP 9250 Printer features Kodak's proprietary pigmented inks for brilliant colors and permanence to last a lifetime. (3) Only Kodak offers proprietary pigmented inks to the average customer, which are designed to deliver richer, more vibrant colors that bond more effectively with paper to provide a significant fade resistance advantage over other ink systems, particularly the dye-based ink systems used by the majority of consumer inkjet manufacturers.
Using KODAK Ink and Photo Papers, prints dry instantly, don't smear or smudge and are water resistant(4), even when using a highlighter on documents. Kodak's propriety ink system has achieved Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) Display Permanence and album / dart storage ratings of greater than 120 years and WIR Unprotected Ozone Resistance ratings of more than 100 years.(5)
Like others in Kodak's full line of home inkjet printers, the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer features an intelligent bar code system that optimizes settings for superior printing performance using Kodak's versatile proprietary pigmented ink system. KODAK Printers automatically detect and adjust for printing documents or photos and feature a bar code reader that works seamlessly with KODAK Photo Paper to customize the printer's ink output to produce the ideal result for the selected paper.
Kodak AiO Printers actively monitor and display how much ink and paper are available both on the printer LCD screen and remotely on the computer screen, so consumers can simply hit print and walk away. Kodak's intelligent paper tray also features an auto-engaging photo tray that holds three sizes of paper.
With the latest Wi-Fi and networking capability, consumers can effortlessly print with Kodak printers including the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer, from anywhere in their home or even from an iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad device.(6) An intuitive control panel and built-in templates make it easy and convenient to print a variety of forms, including graph paper, line paper, wide-ruled paper, tic-tac-toe, to do lists, grocery lists and even sheet music.
To reduce paper use, the KODAK ESP 9250 Printer seamlessly handles double-sided, duplex printing.
With the new KODAK ESP 9250 Printer, Kodak "maintains its commitment to delivering the lowest total ink replacement cost in the industry.", can we read in the press release (7)
Up to 425 black text pages for only $9.99 msrp (8) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 10B (9)
Up to 770 black text pages for only $17.99 msrp (8) using KODAK Black Ink Cartridge 10XL (9)
Up to 420 color pages for only $17.99 msrp (8) using KODAK Color Ink Cartridge 10C (9)
Kodak's new printer announcement is coupled with exciting advancements to its KODAK All-in-One Printer Home Center Software (v 5.4), including social media photo printing from FACEBOOK, PICASA, PHOTOBUCKET, FLICKR sites, and KODAK GALLERY enabling consumers to manage these photos from one place. Additionally, the software also features Perfect Page Image Processing Technology that maximizes image quality right at the scanner, and KODAK PERFECT TOUCH Technology which allows consumers to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and enhance facial features.(10)
(1) Based on Kodak ESP 7250 testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR). WIR's image fade resistance testing included the five major longevity testing factors: light, temperature, unprotected exposure to ambient ozone, high humidity and contact with water. For more information, visit http://www.wilhelmresearch.com
(2) Using KODAK Ultra Premium and KODAK Premium Photo Papers
(3) Under all common consumer display and storage environments. Based on testing by Wilhlem Imaging Research (WIR)
(4) Based on testing by Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) and Kodak internal testing on Kodak photo papers.
(5) WIR's image fade resistance testing included the five major longevity testing factors: light, temperature, unprotected exposure to ambient ozone, high humidity and contact with water. For more information, visit http://www.wilhelmresearch.com.
(6) Compatible with iPhone (with OS 2.2 or later) and iPod Touch (2nd generation).
(7) Results based on average ink costs of leading consumer inkjet printers using an average page mix of 52% black text documents, 35% mixed-color graphics and 13% photos (printed on KODAK Ultra Premium Paper, glossy finish & highest quality photo papers from other manufacturers) utilizing manufacturers' recommended standard ink cartridges available in single quantity pricing (i.e. no multi-packs, high capacity, combo packs, value packs or special promotions) as of June 2010. Actual results may vary. For more information and a list of all printers tested, go to http://www.kodak.com/go/inkdata for details
(8) Pricing as of June 1, 2010
(9) Ink yield values obtained by continuous printing in accordance with ISO/IEC 24711 (black text documents using ISO/IEC 19752 test target), utilizing KODAK All-In-One Printers. Actual results may vary.
(10) Not available on Macintosh OS
SOURCE Eastman Kodak Company