The Associated Press is the essential global news network, delivering fast, unbiased news from every corner of the world to all media platforms and formats. Founded in 1846, AP today is the largest and most trusted source of independent news and information. On any given day, more than half the world's population sees news from AP.
Associated Press Images is a division of the Associated Press. It is one of the world’s largest collections of historical and contemporary imagery.
As an essential source of photographs and graphics for professional image buyers, AP Images strives to meet the needs of today’s global customer through superior image quality, selection and service.
For more than a century, AP photographers have captured the greatest moments in history, news, sports and entertainment, receiving 29 Pulitzers and numerous other awards in honor of their contribution to the images that shape our world. Everyday, images from the Associated Press and its content partners are featured in thousands of newspapers, magazines and Web sites.
Associated Press Images Web Site: http://www.apimages.com/Other posts on this blog about AP Images
- AP to distribute images from EBONY and JET photo collection May, 2007]
- AP Images launches new photo Web site [September, 2006]
- Ian Cameron appointed vice president of AP Images [June, 2006]
- AP photojournalists win Pulitzer Prize [April, 2005]
- The international photojournalist collective VII and the world's largest news cooperative, The Associated Press, have agreed on a distribution deal [September, 2004]