- Compatible with i-TTL
- Flash head can be tilted in 4 steps; horizontal, 60, 75 and 90 degrees
- Flash shooting distance range: 0.6m - 20m (depends on the ISO setting)
- Guide number: 30 [ISO 200, m, 20°C]
- Angle of coverage: 18mm (with Nikon-DX format cameras), 27mm (with Nikon F6)
- Depending on the camera in use, the following flash modes are available: Slow Sync, Red-eye Reduction, Red-eye Reduction with Slow Sync, Rear-curtain Sync, FV Lock, exposure compensation, M (manual, with D40 camera and more recent Nikon reflex)
- Power source: two AA-size 1.5V batteries (also compatible with lower voltage batteries)
Note: SB-400 cannot be used with cameras not compatible with Nikon Creative Lighting System. SB-400 is not compatible with Advanced Wireless Lighting.