Polaroid Corporation and One Equity Partners today announced that an affiliate of One Equity Partners has acquired substantially all Polaroid assets, creating a new company that will operate under the Polaroid Corporation name. “Polaroid is a very special company with a unique heritage and promising opportunities,” said Charles F. Auster, partner in One Equity Partners and chairman of the new Polaroid board of directors. “The company has made significant progress since filing for bankruptcy last October in improving its operations and is well positioned to take advantage of future opportunities. We look forward to working closely with the company’s loyal and committed employees to maximize its potential.” In a joint statement, Polaroid Executive Vice Presidents William L. Flaherty and Neal D. Goldman said, “We are pleased that One Equity Partners shares our vision for revitalizing Polaroid. Our objectives are to build a profitable core business and realize the tremendous potential of our instant digital printing technology.” As previously announced, One Equity Partners will own 65 percent of the new company and the former Polaroid -- now known as PDC, Inc. -- will own the remaining 35 percent until distributed under a reorganization plan approved by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court. One Equity Partners manages $3.5 billion of investments and commitments for Bank One Corporation in direct private equity transactions. Bank One Corporation is the sixth largest bank holding company in the United States.
July 31, 2002
July 25, 2002
Illustrations 3D, Cahier du Designer 01, Eyrolles, juillet 2002, 105 p.
Cet ouvrage présente les œuvres d'une dizaine de créateurs d'images 3D. Chaque auteur présente dans un atelier l'une de ses créations originales, de sa genèse (sources d'inspiration, cahier des charges, travail avec un directeur artistique) à sa réalisation pratique (modélisation, textures, éclairages...). Paysages merveilleux, illustrations féeriques, décors hyperréalistes ou objets et avatars, le lecteur découvrira dans ce cahier nombre d'approches créatives qui s'appuient tour à tour sur des logiciels tels que Maya, 3ds max, Cinema 4D ou LightWave, pour n'en citer que quelques-uns.
Auteurs : Stéphane Belin, Luc Bianco, Pascal Blanché, Yann Couder, Olivier Ffrench, Christophe Luxereau, Luc Petitot, François Rimasson
Vous pouvez consulter un extrait de cette publication sur Amazon [ cela est toujours possible en 2009 :) ]
Couverture (c) Eyrolles - Tous droits réservés. Messages précédents : Apple iPhoto The Missing Manual About Extensis, Inc. Extensis Mask Pro 2.0 Photoshop Plugins Extensis Intellihance Pro 4.0 Photoshop Plugin Extensis PhotoFrame 2.0 Photoshop Plugin Extensis PhotoTools 3.0 Photoshop Plugin Extensis Photoshop Plugins Free Updates Extensis Portfolio 6 for Mac OS X Preview Olympus Camedia C-720 Ultra Zoom Digital Camera Extensis Ships Portfolio 6 For Creative Profession... SVG Essentials - Producing Vector Graphics with XM... Extensis Portfolio 6
July 16, 2002
Bringing Digital Photography into the Light: O'Reilly and Pogue Press Release a Missing Manual for Apple's iPhoto
iPhoto, Apple's wildly popular application for organizing, retrieving, and sharing digital images, has finally given people who own digital cameras something to do with all the pictures they take. "Until now, you almost needed a degree in computer science to process your digital photos," says David Pogue, coauthor, with Joseph Schorr and Derrick Story, of iPhoto: The Missing Manual (Pogue Press/O'Reilly, US $24.95). "Sure, you could take the pictures easily enough, but then what? The entire process was so complicated that the old-fashioned way of shooting prints and stuffing them in a shoe box didn't seem so bad." With Pogue's latest book, iPhoto users can quickly learn how to take their digital photos to the screen, to the Web, to printouts, to hardbound photo books, even to DVDs.
iPhoto: The Missing Manual takes readers far beyond iPhoto's seemingly simple feature list. And the software application is just the beginning. The book also covers choosing and mastering a digital camera, the basics of good photocomposition, and tips for shooting special subjects like kids, sports, nighttime shots, portraits, and more.
"iPhoto has done for digital photography what the microwave did to cooking," Pogue proclaims. "And 'iPhoto: The Missing Manual' gives you everything you need to know, from selecting the right camera to publishing the images on the Web."
The latest in the series of bestselling "Missing Manual" titles created by prolific writer/publisher Pogue in collaboration with O'Reilly & Associates, iPhoto: The Missing Manual is "the book that should have been in the box," and more. It's the essential guide for any Mac user who wants to master digital photography.
iPhoto: The Missing Manual
By David Pogue, Joseph Schorr, Derrick Story
July 2002, 350 pages, $24.95 US $38.95 CA http://www.oreillynet.com/