Texas Instruments Inc. (TI) today unveiled an enhanced version of its OMAP™ 3 processor-based development platform — the Zoom™ OMAP34x-II Mobile Development Platform (MDP), which is designed, developed, and manufactured by Logic. The new platform gives Smartphone and Mobile Internet Device (MID) application developers who are eager to create applications for leading mobile operating systems, such as the Android Mobile Platform, Linux, LiMo, Symbian OS™ and Microsoft® Windows® Mobile, a robust handheld form factor with the wireless connectivity technologies, enhanced imaging (8 mega pixel camera sensor), video, display technology, software, as well as an optional 3G modem and optional DLP Pico™ projection technology module that enables big picture experiences in the palm of your hand. The new platform will be demonstrated this week in TI's booth at Mobile World Congress, Hall 8, 8A84.
Out of the box features of the Zoom OMAP34x-II MDP
- 4.1" WVGA multi-touch display with a QWERTY keypad in a landscape, handheld form factor
- High performance OMAP3430 applications processor that supports up to 720p HD video encode/decode
- Support for popular leading mobile operating systems, including Android Mobile Platform, Linux, LiMo, Symbian OS and Microsoft® Windows® Mobile
- Wireless connectivity technology from TI, including WiLink™ 6.0 (WL1271), a single chip with Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth® and FM functionality; and NaviLink™ GPS functionality
- 8 megapixel camera sensor
- Optional 3G modem solution, as well as flexibility to support any third party modem through an extension card
- In the future, an optional DLP Pico projection module will be available, taking mobile content from "tiny screen" viewing to a shareable "big screen" format.
- Affordable, fully featured development platform and debugging tools to get to market quickly on Android and other mobile operating systems
- Small, portable form factor that replicates a real-world mobile environment
- Fully integrated hardware and software, simplifying the development process and enabling fast time to market
- Ideal platform for mobile innovation and creating new user experiences, due to the powerful combination of a high-performance OMAP3430 processor, multi-touch display, rich peripheral set and new sensor technology
- The Zoom OMAP34x-II MDP was designed, developed, and manufactured by Logic, a lifecycle management company with more than 10 years experience working with OMAP technology and developer and manufacturer of customized MDP platforms.
- The Zoom OMAP34x-II MDP is available with or without a 3G modem and is available for ordering today through Logic-authorized distributors. The optional DLP Pico projection module for the Zoom OMAP34x-II MDP is expected to be available in mid-2009.
Photo (c) Texas Instruments Inc. - All rights reserved - http://www.ti.com/ - OMAP is a trademark of Texas Instruments Inc. All other registered trademarks and trademarks belong to their respective owners.