" Make models look their best - and create images that will get them hired "
With detailed discussions and eye-catching, dynamic images, this guidebook, edited by Amherst Media, shows professional photographers how to masterfully create beautiful images of a model to achieve any creative objective. Instructions illustrate basic poses as well as a host of subtle variations to provide photographers with an endless array of looks for editorial fashion shots, athletics, glamour or nude photography, and shots designed to show curves, reveal personality, or showcase the hands, hair, or legs. This comprehensive ressource also provides expert advice on conducting a successful session, how to work with the model, how to work with a support staff of image stylists, and tips for designing a high-quality portfolio. Additional lessons provide a start-to-finish analysis of four different shooting sessions, each with a different model and a different objective.
There is an art to posing models--an art that photographers must develop in order to succeed. Beginning models in particular rely on the experience of the photographer to guide them to flattering poses, but even experienced models need the photographer to fine-tune their look in each image. When creating images for a model's portfolio, each pose must showcase the model's best attributes, conceal any problem areas, and appeal to her own aesthetic sensibilities and personality. Additionally, each image must be designed to appeal to the kinds of clients from whom the model is hoping to gain employment. These may include designers, magazines, jewelers, and other professionals in the industries where models are employed. In Posing Techniques for Photographing Model Portfolios, Billy Pegram presents the skills needed to achieve these goals. Concise text paired with dozens of step-by-step photos show what to look for--and, more critically, what to avoid-- when photographing models. A must-have for any photographer creating fashion images or fashion-inspired portraits.
Billy Pegram has produced cutting-edge fashion photography for clients like Fila and Swatch. He has also directed and produced over one hundred videos for The American College of Sports Medicine in conjunction with major sponsors like Reebok, Gatorade, YMCA Corporation, and Stairmaster.
Other Photography Books Posts:
- Minimalist Lighting Professional Techniques for Location Photography
- Photoshop CS4 Channels and Masks One-on-One
- Photoshop CS4: The Missing Manual
- Do Good Design: How Designers Can Change the World
- Lighting Techniques for Middle Key Portrait Photography
- The Little Digital Video Book Second Edition
- Route 66 Abandoned The Photography of Edward J Mance
- Arizona - 2008 By Nachama Soloveichik
- Utah - Photographs by George Corbin
- The Ultimate Guide to Travel Photography
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book for Digital Photographers...
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 How-Tos: 100 Essential Techniques
- The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 Book
- Dance Nudes. A Work in Progress
- Introduction to Photographic Light