Wide-angle NIKKOR lens with Perspective Control
Nikon’s high-performance PC (Perspective Control) lens, PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED, is equipped with a tilt/shift mechanism to give photographers the flexibility to manipulate image perspective, distortion and focus. As both a special-purpose lens and high-performance wide-angle lens, the new PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED lens represents a significant new addition to the legendary NIKKOR lens family.
The PC-E NIKKOR 24mm makes use of a special mount that enables up to ±11.5mm shift and ±8.5° tilt for perspective control. Shift and tilt are adjusted while referring to the scales provided with gradations at 1mm or 1° intervals. The lens optics can be rotated up to 90° right or left for perspective control adjustment and click-stops are provided every 30°.
The lens aperture can be preset using the aperture ring and the aperture stop-down button. For easy depth-of-field confirmation, it remains stopped down until the button is pressed again. Auto aperture control is also available for SLR models compatible with an electromagnetic diaphragm (Nikon D3 and D300).
In addition to the primary perspective control photographic applications such as architecture and interiors, this lens can also be used for any subject where a 24mm wide-angle lens is appropriate. With a closest focusing distance of only 0.21m and a maximum reproduction ratio of 1/2.7, it is an excellent choice for close-up photography.
Nikon’s original state-of-the-art optical features and technologies are incorporated into the PC-E NIKKOR 24mm for superior picture quality. Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections and three ED glass elements minimize chromatic aberration for higher-resolution, higher-contrast images. Three aspherical lenses effectively correct spherical aberration and coma, while a rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening gives out-of-focus background elements a more natural appearance. The PC-E NIKKOR 24mm offers exceptional optical performance, even at maximum shift settings.
PC-E NIKKOR 24mm f/3.5D ED Features Highlights
- Wide shifting and tilting range (shift: ±11.5mm; tilt: ±8.5°)
- ±90° lens revolving capability for versatile tilt/shift effects
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 1/2.7 (at 0.21m)
- Three ED-(Extra-low Dispersion) glass elements provide superior sharpness and colour correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Three aspherical lens elements minimize various types of lens aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat virtually eliminates internal lens element reflections, effectively reducing ghosting and flare
- High-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior colour reproduction while substantially reducing ghosting and flare
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm for more natural appearance of out-of-focus image elements
- Lens aperture can be preset using an aperture ring and the aperture stop-down button
- Auto aperture control with electromagnetic diaphragm is possible with the Nikon D3 and D300