Nikon’s new 60mm lens featuring a built-in Silent Wave Motor
Shoot 1:1 life-size close-ups without the need for additional accessories. Nikon’s original state-of-the-art optical features and technologies are incorporated into the new 60mm NIKKOR lens to ensure superior picture quality at all subject distances from macro to infinity. Faster, smoother autofocusing is achieved through the Internal Focusing (IF) design, and two aspherical lenses correct spherical aberration and coma. Nikon’s exclusive Nano Crystal Coat dramatically reduces ghosting and flare caused by internal reflections. An additional ED glass element minimizes chromatic aberration to deliver higher resolution, high-contrast images while the rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening creates a substantially more natural appearance for out-of-focus background objects. These features contribute to the extremely accurate image reproduction capability of the AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED.
Nikon’s Silent Wave Motor (SWM) is built into the body of the lens and ensures quiet, high-speed autofocus operation while contributing to the compact and lightweight design. Focus modes include M/A (Manual-priority Auto) which enables rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing with virtually no lag time, even when the lens is in the process of focusing.
AF-S Micro NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8G ED Features Highlights
- Nikon’s exclusive Silent Wave Motor (SWM) ensures fast, quiet autofocus operation
- Internal Focusing (IF) design allows faster, smoother autofocusing and eliminates changes in lens barrel length for consistent handling
- Two aspherical elements virtually eliminate coma and other types of lens aberration, even at the widest aperture
- M/A mode allows rapid switching between autofocus and manual focusing
- ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element for superior sharpness and colour correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration
- Nano Crystal Coat and high-performance Nikon Super Integrated Coating delivers superior colour reproduction, while substantially reducing hosting and flare
- Closest focus distance of approximately 0.185m
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm opening causes out-of-focus objects to appear more natural
- Accepts 62mm filter attachments